Surveillance is the close observation of a person, place, or object. It is the practice of watching a subject in order to document the interactions or whereabouts of the subject.
A professional investigator can give you better and in the long run less expensive surveillance than say a security system set up by yourself. Also in a court of law any illegal activity that is picked up by an investigator holds up better in court. An investigator also has access to equipment that is more efficient and of better quality than some supplies sold to the public.
When Is Surveillance Used?
- Missing person searches
- Cheating spouse investigations
- Recurrent theft
- Worker's compensation cases
- Fraud Investigations
- Criminal Investigations
How Surveillance Works
- An investigator will get to know the client first, delving into their desires and expectations for the investigation. This determines the depth and means of the study.
- The investigator will then conduct an extensive background check on the subject. Vital information includes the subject’s name, address, phone number, physical description, photograph, and local relatives. Their habits, hobbies, schedules, and coworkers are also important to note.
- Next, an investigator will familiarize themselves with the area where the investigation will be taking place, usually via maps and pictures. Being familiar with the location during both the day and night will result in a more effective investigation.
- An investigator will then decide on what equipment the particular case calls for and know how to most effectively use it. Some of this could be equipment specifically for investigators, like dash cameras or tinted windows, but also included are things as simple as a flashlight and a full tank of gas.
- Preparing a plan specifically for the case is an important aspect for an investigator. This means developing a reasonable explanation for being in the area and adjusting car and clothes in order to fit in as much as possible.
- An investigator will then start investigating, keeping in mind common sense (like don’t let the subject make eye contact, don’t park conspicuously, and don’t walk by the house more than once).
- During their investigation, the investigator will also take extensive notes, including dates and times, in order to report to both client and court the most accurate information as possible.
Why hire a private investigator in Australia
We like to think the best of people. It would be nice to believe that friends, family, loved ones and co-workers all had our best interests at heart. Imagine a world where dishonesty, fraud, infidelity, crime, and corruption didn’t exist.
In reality, there are times when you may face unpleasant situations. For instance, a test of trust; you notice suspicious behavior at home, work, in a neighborhood.
You may experience feelings of fear and anxiety as a result. It can feel like you’ve lost control over your environment. Loss, betrayal and uncertainty can do that to a person.
Situations like this call for expert advice and the help of experienced professionals. Moreover, this is where a nearby private investigation service can help. The right investigator can provide evidence; do background checks; find criminal records; allay your doubts and help you regain control over your life.
If you find yourself looking for a “private investigator near me”, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve helped many residents of New York find the answers they were looking for.
Video Surveillance Investigation
Gathering evidence for your investigation would unquestionably be more of a challenge without the use of video surveillance.
With the help of innovative technology, investigators are able to conduct video surveillance investigations for residents and business owners throughout Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane in Australia.
Video surveillance allows our private investigators to gather precise evidence via video technology.
You might associate video surveillance with businesses such as gas stations, banks, or stores. Those cameras you see in the corners or hidden throughout the commercial property are put in place to keep your employees and customers safe.
If something should happen on your property whether it be a burglary, fire, or anything else, the video surveillance is sure to capture it and provide evidence to private investigators like us.
There are many reasons you might require a video surveillance investigation. Most cases involve the following:
- Keeping an eye on employees you suspect of stealing from your business
- Checking in on your husband or wife or significant other you suspect is being unfaithful and cheating on you while you’re not home
- Knowing how your child or children are treated under the supervision of a custody or non-custody parent
- Catching potential vandalizers
Video surveillance investigations are highly beneficial when it comes time for court and proving your case with evidence caught on video. Our private investigators work closely with Police Department and other organizations, so you can rest assured you will get answers sooner than you think.
When you need to detect theft, insurance fraud, or vandalism, contact Investigative Services. We will conduct the surveillance and bring resolution to the problem. Surveillance is a highly effective means of resolving suspicious claims. Surveillance can:
- Help insurance adjusters in examining claims.
- Identify a fraudulent claim.
- Gather critical evidence in a litigation.
- Monitor family members to ensure their safety.
Our private investigators have the use of surveillance vans as well as sedans to observe a subject. The wide array of vehicles allows for a limited chance of being detected during surveillance whether the surveillance is long term or short term. Agencies will get the surveillance done and will document it through video and photographic evidence tailored to the client’s needs. Investigators have years of experience testifying in court, so that your evidence is presented in a competent and professional manner, adding to your case’s chance of success.